By Jodee Weiland
Lately, I have been making more chicken dishes with a Mediterranean flavor. Recently, I did Greek Style Chicken with Spinach, Artichoke, and Feta that was a stuffed boneless chicken breast and definitely delicious. When I decided to make this new chicken dish, I wanted to make it a little easier to do for those busy days. This new dish does not have any spinach, but still has all the great flavor of my Greek style chicken, but with a lot less preparation time needed. The end result was my Lemon Chicken with Artichokes, Kalamata Olives, and Feta, and we loved it!
To begin with, this chicken breast was not split and stuffed. Because it is not stuffed, it has no spinach, and it also is easier to make when you need to get a great tasting dinner on the table fast. With this recipe, you just put your chicken breasts in a baking dish, add olive oil and fresh lemon juice, some seasonings, and finally, the toppings of artichokes, olives, feta cheese, etc. This does not take long to do. Once done, you just put the baking dish in the oven and cook your dinner. While the chicken is baking, prepare a vegetable for a side dish. If you want potatoes, add cut up red potatoes to the baking dish and bake them along with the chicken. It doesn’t get much easier than this!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 to 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives (more or less to taste)
- 1 small tomato sliced or 8 to 10 grape tomatoes
- 1/8 cup crumbled fat free feta cheese
- 6 red potatoes cut up (optional)