By Jodee Weiland
In our home, comfort food comes in the form of Great Italian Meals! When it comes to Italian meals, there’s always one pasta sauce or another in the freezer ready to go if needed!
In our home, comfort food comes in the form of Great Italian Meals! When it comes to Italian meals, there’s always one pasta sauce or another in the freezer ready to go if needed! And the pantry shelves are always loaded with different pastas ready to use with those sauces. Parmesan reggiano is always fresh and ready to be grated. At times, I’ll put together a fresh marinara, bolognese, or pesto sauce on the spot because I always have the necessary ingredients on hand. What can I say? I’m Italian, and that’s how it was my home as a child and is now in my home as an adult!
That’s why I love being Italian! Every big decision or family discussion is done at a table with plenty a food to indulge in while coming together as a family. Italian families actually use food as way of sharing love, friendship, happiness, and sometimes even sadness. A good Italian meal served with a good Chianti can be very relaxing and yes, even comforting. Being very expressive in so many ways, for an Italian, food is just another extension of expressing ourselves, and we do so with great passion!
Of course, there are all the breads and sides as well, but this review is about the main dishes. Bread recipes and sides are wonderful, but it’s the main courses people tend to love. So for now, here is a review of some of the Great Italian Meals that I love and have shared with you on my blog in the past.
- Baby Kale Pesto with Pasta…Both Healthy and Delicious!
- Bolognese Sauce Made with Sirloin…A Family Favorite in My Home
- Fresh Roma Tomatoes and Spinach Pasta…With Olive Oil and White Wine
- Homemade Italian Lasagne…A Classic Italian Family Meal!
- Italian Basil Pesto…A Classic Italian Meal
- Italian Braciole…Italian Beef Rolls with Imported Parmesan Reggiano Cheese
- Italian Marinara with Pasta…Easy to Make and Delicious to Eat
- Lemon Pepper Linguini with Olive Oil, Garlic, and Broccoli Rabe…With a Touch of Red Pepper
- Rolled Italian Meatloaf…With Spinach, Mozzarella, and Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce
- Chicken Cacciatore…a Classic Italian Chicken Delight in a Crockpot!
- Italian Chicken Sausage, Beans, and Escarole…All in One Pot!
Take a look at these recipes, especially if you haven’t seen them yet! These Great Italian Meals just may become some of your comfort foods as well, so enjoy!